Come Home to Saint Joseph Parish
Beginning the Process of Returning to the Church
I am a Catholic who has been away.
If you’ve been away for whatever reason… we welcome you. Here you’ll find information that will help you on your way back to the Catholic Church.
Are you a Catholic…
- Who over time slipped away from the church, but would like to return?
- Who occasionally goes to church and just doesn’t feel connected?
- Who feels the church has left you?
- Who has had “questions” and never found answers?
- Who has been angry and hurt for a long time … but who wants to let go of this pain?
- Who desires their children to grow in the Catholic faith?
We invite you to visit our parish
– And –
Find or Rediscover…
- Home in this confusing world.
- God’s gift of forgiveness.
- Values that give real direction and purpose to your life.
- The Sacraments.
- The Church – that embraces saints and sinners.
- Peace through reconciliation.
- We lovingly invite all those who have been away, to come home, to find healing, answers to your questions and community of support.
How Do I begin the process of returning to the Church?
St. Joseph Church is the best place to begin your process of returning to the Catholic Church. There are many ways to begin your first steps back…
Visit our Welcome Tables at Church. One table is located at the main church entrance and the other is located on the south entrance of the church across from our Community Room. There is material there that you can take with you.
At our Welcome Table, sign up for our on-line parish newsletter, “The Bells of St. Joseph”. By providing us your email address, you will learn more about our parish activities via this on-line newsletter.
On the Welcome Table, sign our registration book! In doing so,you will have a Welcome Letter sent to you telling you more about our Parish.
Email us or contact our parish office and let us know you would like to return. In doing so, you can speak with our Pastor or ask to have one of our parishioners contact you. If you are ready, they can offer you support and accompany you “hand-in-hand”on your journey back.
Join us at one of our “Welcome Home” Sunday masses. On the second Sunday of the month, after each of the masses, we sponsor a Coffee and Donuts gathering in the Community Room. Meet parish families and your neighbors! Join us!
Twice a year we hold Welcome Night. In a very casual, relaxed atmosphere, meet our representatives from our parish ministries and our clergy members. Enjoy przza, salads and home-made deserts!
In doing any of the above you can learn more about programs available for adults: Scripture study, prayer groups, men’s and women’s social clubs, service opportunities, etc.
Your first step back in returning to the church is Reconciliation. We have prepared a simple step-by-step guide for the Sacrament of Penance.