The Co-Presidents for 2016-2017:
Sherri Dort: email@example.com
Mary Pearce: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Joseph Women’s Club welcomes women of all ages. Members focus on social and fundraising events, as well as spiritual development and charity based services. Join the Women’s Club and be a part of our St. Joseph family.
The Women’s Club comprises two kinds of memberships, namely Guild Members and Associate Members. All members receive a copy of the membership directory (printed every 2 years), a monthly newsletter and invitations to all events hosted by the Women’s Club.
Associate Members are not a part of any guild, but membership provides opportunities for women to attend our three General Meetings, namely Fall Membership, Christmas and Board Installation Dinners. In addition, these members can participate in any of the Women’s Club events and activities listed on our Membership Form (enclosed).
Guild Members are affiliated with a specific guild and are expected to attend at least three guild meetings a year. Members may join more than one guild. Guilds meet monthly September through May, and provide an opportunity for members to meet new people, renew friendships and participate in the vibrant life of St. Joseph parish. A brief description of our four guilds follows:
- Meets the last Tuesday of every month. Meetings usually held at a members’ home.
- Many members have school aged or younger children or are younger women with no children.
- Charity services include providing meals to families with newborns or in need of help.
- Social activities include Ravinia Picnic and Christmas in July party.
- Christmas Wreath Sales is the major fundraising event- It’s a favorite event for our parish!
- Meets 2nd Thursday evening every month, in the Community Room or members’ homes.
- Members include women with school or college aged children, adult children or no children.
- Social activities include a potluck dinner, Bunco game night and summer book club.
- Charitable activities include visiting nuns, making ‘prayer blankets’ and the annual cookie walk.
- Fundraising includes Pizza & Bingo Night for families (Feb) and the Spring Tea for ladies of all ages (April).
- Meets at various times during the year. Meetings are mostly held in members’ homes.
- Members include women who prefer a smaller group and a spiritual emphasis.
- Various topics of spiritual nature are presented at meetings.
- Additional activities include planning for the day and evening of reflection for our parish.
- Meets 4-5 times during the year.
- Meeting venue and times are flexible and decided by the group.
- Members include women with adult children, grandchildren or no children.
- Activities include chairing various parish events and social activities suited to the members.
Women’s Club Activities Include:
- Bridge Games & Tournament
- Bereavement Ministry
- Christmas Dinner & Toy Shower
- Christmas Wreath Sale
- Holiday Bake Sale
- St. Joseph Table
- Family Pizza/Bingo Night
- Spring Luncheon/Tea event
- Fall Membership Dinner
- Meals at Home
- Prayer Blankets
- Emergency Response (online registration)
- St. Joseph Women’s Club Scholarship
- Day & Evening of Reflection
- Spring Installation Dinner
- Friendship Bags
Download signup forms and flyers for the following programs: